Recipe by Sharon123
Inspired by Paula Deen and posted on cheese-burger.net, this is a great way to use those sweet vidalia onions! I have not tried this yet, posting to try out.
- 2 lbs large vidalia onions, chopped small
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped small
- 2 celery ribs, chopped small
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Its best to use a heavy bottomed skillet or Dutch Oven for this recipe. Melt the oil in the pan and toss in the Vidalia onion, bell pepper and celery stalks.
- Saute the mixture over medium heat for about 20 minutes or until everything is tender, be careful not to let the onions brown.
- Now add the vinegar, water, brown sugar, celery seeds and salt. Bring everything to a boil then turn down the heat and simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool then transfer it into jars and refrigerate overnight.