Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This baked sweet onion dip is quick and easy! With a kick from chipotle peppers! Can be made ahead of time and brought to a potluck or any party just reheat and serve.
- 1 cup chopped vidalia onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup grated shredded swiss cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Hellmann's or Best Foods)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo, diced- use 1 with seeds removed for less heat
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly oil 1-quart casserole. Combine all ingredients. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with your favorite chips, toast rounds or veggies.
Very tasty dip! A fresh new recipe that ventures from the same old same old. None left to bring home, signaling a great recipe. I didn't have any vidalia onions, so I used sweet onions and it tasted great. Thanks!
WOW! This is just an incredible dip and so easy to make!!! I love the red pepper flavor along with the chiptle chile...incredible mixture of flavors and none overpowers another. Thanks so much Rita! This is going to be a regular with us.
Seriously I can't believe this isn't one of the recipes here with a gazillioin 5 star reviews!! This was delicious. It's packed with good for you stuff but still sooooo rich and cheesy. The flavor is amazing, sweet oniony and the red peppers tatse like roasted red peppers, then there is the hint of garlic. Yummmmmm..... I served this with crackers, pretzels, and homemade pita chips. Thanks Rita!