Recipe by Brookelynne26
Lost Recipes by Marion Cunningham. Use favorite pie crust, fully baked and cooled, or as a shortcut option, use Pillsbury Just Unroll Pie Crust. If using Pillsbury dough, follow package instructions to prebake pie shell at 450 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, making sure to prick dough with a fork before it goes into the oven.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 medium vidalia onions, sliced thin (about 3 cups)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Adjust an oven rack to the lowest position and heat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate and set aside. Cook the onions in the bacon fat until browned, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Whisk the eggs, sour cream, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon chives in a large bowl, then add the reserved bacon and onions.
- Pour into the prepared pie shell and bake until the filling is puffed and cracked around the edges and the center barely jiggles when the pie is shaken, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and sprinkle with the remaining teaspoon chives. Serve. (The pie can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.).