Recipe by GinnyP
I have loved this dish since childhood. Use this recipe as a jumping off point. I use 3 to 4 cups onions and about 1/2 cup cheese.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
This was awesome! I really loved this and I love the fact that you aren't held to the amounts. I can add however much I want, so I did, a few more onions and a little bit more cheese. I would suggest that anyone trying this recipe be sure to get the crumbs up the side of the pan so that they don't have a problem with it sticking.
- 1 cup ritz cracker crumb
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Ritz cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- Press mixture into an 8-inch pie plate.
- Saute onions with 2 T butter until clear, not brown; spoon into pie crust.
- Beat eggs with milk, salt, and pepper and pour over onions.
- Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until firm in the center.