- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 vidalia onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup hot chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -3 tablespoon olive oil
- white pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt butter, saute onion (do not brown).
- In a food processor or blender, combine onions, chicken broth, almonds, cheese and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Process until smooth paste forms adding additional oil until desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sauce can be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week.