- 4 cups vidalia onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion in hot oil over medium high heat with the salt, pepper, and cayenne. Cook stirring often for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the onions are golden.
- Add the sugar and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the vinegar and parsley and cook for 1 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool and serve.
- Can be stored in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.