Charlotte J's Note:
Two reasons why I'm posting this recipe, the photo of it is gorgeous and I have 20 pounds of Vidalia onions to use. Recipe by Brian Stapleton, Executive Chef, Food & Beverage Director of The Carolina Crossroads Restaurant & Bar, The Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 medium vidalia onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium vine-ripe tomato, diced
- 1 medium vine-ripe yellow tomatoes, diced
- 12 ounces fresh blue lump crabmeat, picked over to remove shell fragments
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 basil leaves, julienned
- 1In a large bowl combine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 2Add Vidalia Onion and cucumber slices to vinegar mixture, toss to coat.
- 3Marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
- 4Add tomatoes, crab meat, olive oil, scallions and basil.
- 5Toss gently and adjust seasoning.
- 6To serve, divide salad among four chilled plates.
Browse Our Top Clams Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vidalia Onion, Lump Blue Crabmeat & Tomato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.0
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 378.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar