Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
this is easy to put together and makes a lovely dairy dish.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour or 3 tablespoons matzo meal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 medium vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients, gradually stir into egg mixture.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, add onion and cook, stirring often, 30 to 40 minutes, or until onion is caramel colored.
- Remove onion from heat.
- Stir onion into egg mixture and spoon into a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set.
Very rich and flavourful kugel. I halved the recipe and served it as a main meal with a green salad on the side. Easy to make and very oniony. Nice! I used matzo meal, added a large garlic clove and cut down a bit on the sugar. Mine also took about 40 minutes to set. Thanks for posting. Made for Kugelthon 2010.
Yummy, that was great chia! We made this for Pick A Kugel, however, it wasn't for my little residents. It was too oniony for them and for me you can't give me enough onions! It was wonderful. We served it with chicken breast and would have been even better with a roast or steak! Thanx a lot for posting, Diane :=)
I made this kugel tonight, it was delicious. I followed the directions as written and we really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing :).