Recipe by chia
this is easy to put together and makes a lovely dairy dish.
Top Review by Chef Dudo
Very rich and flavourful kugel. I halved the recipe and served it as a main meal with a green salad on the side. Easy to make and very oniony. Nice! I used matzo meal, added a large garlic clove and cut down a bit on the sugar. Mine also took about 40 minutes to set. Thanks for posting. Made for Kugelthon 2010.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour or 3 tablespoons matzo meal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 medium vidalia onions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients, gradually stir into egg mixture.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, add onion and cook, stirring often, 30 to 40 minutes, or until onion is caramel colored.
- Remove onion from heat.
- Stir onion into egg mixture and spoon into a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set.