Recipe by alijen
We always have this tailgating for Fall football games, but its great any other time too. Be sure to use vidalias if you can, but if not, any sweet onion could do. Vidalias are from Vidalia, GA of course, so this is a Bulldawg recipe! From a true fan's mother, who hasn't missed a tailgate in years.
- 2 cups hot water
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 -6 vidalia onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spice islands beau monde seasoning or 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sugar, hot water, and vinegar.
- Pour over the onions and let soak overnight in a deep dish.
- The next day, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Drain the onoins well.
- If you don't drain very well, the dip will be very watery.
- Stir in the onions and mix well.
- Serve with crusty bread or chips and bloody marys!