Prep 5 mins
Cook 33 mins
This came from Paula Deen's show, Paula's Home Cooking. It is very good. It has a different taste than just regular cornbread.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large vidalia onions, chopped or 1 large other sweet onion
- 8 ounces cornbread-muffin mix (I used Jiffy)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a 8-inch bakinf pan with vegetable oil cooking spray. (I used a muffin pan.).
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and saute the onions until tender, but not browned, for about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the muffin mix, milk, egg, sour cream, 1/2 cup of the cheese, the salt, and dill weed. Stir to combine. Pour into the prepared pan and top with the 1/2 cup remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, until set and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before cutting into squares.
I made this for a family BBQ & everyone loved it. I was pleasantly surprised at how moist it turned out. If you need a jazzed up cornbread to throw to together quickly; this is it!
This was so easy to make and SOOOO delicious! A great change from regular cornbread - and I love the addition of the vidalia onion! I will make this again - thanks for posting! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders Tag Game!
loved this! I had a package of cornbread mix in my cupboard for a long time and I was looking for a recipe to use it up, I also added in a jalapeno pepper and 3 cloves of minced garlic when frying the onions, I had a piece and sent the rest home with my DS who loves cornbread, thanks for sharing mightro!