1 hr 15 mins
Not sure where I found this recipe, but it sounds good and simple to me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook broccoli according to package directions.
- 2Drain and set aside.
- 3Saute onions and mushrooms in 2 teaspoons of oil until softened.
- 4Drain and combine with broccoli.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Combine cheese, eggs, mayonnaise, water and rice.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Brown chicken breasts in 3 teaspoons of oil.
- 9To Assemble:
- 10Combine broccoli mixture with cheese mixture and pour into greased, shallow baking pan.
- 11Place chicken breasts on top and sprinkle with paprika.
- 12Bake uncovered in a 350 oven for 45 minutes.
- 13NOTE- You may cut fat and cholesterol from this recipe with the following substitutions:
- 14light skim milk.
- 154 oz. of egg substitute for the 2 eggs.
- 16light mayonnaise for regular mayonnaise
- 17non-fat cooking spray for browning chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vidalia Onion Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.8
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 162.3 mg
- Sodium 435.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 35.9 g