Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this over the week-end and it was delicious.
- 8 large vidalia onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) package buttery crackers (Ritz or store brand)
- 1 lb roll of pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Layer onions, crushed crackers and pork sausage in 8 x 12 inch glass baking dish.
- Mix soup, water and seasoned salt.
- Spread over onions, crackers & sausage.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour.
Living on the Georgia Coast, we have access to Vidalia onions right from the fields. While I've made several versions of this casserole, this version is my favorite recipe. It's a big hit at potlucks and family get togethers!