Prep 4 hrs
Cook 50 mins
A Simple Casserole that is suited for either a Barbeque or a dinner party.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium vidalia onions, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 6 -8 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 6 -8 thin slices swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Saute onions and mushrooms until tender.
- Place in 12 x 7-1/2 x 2in baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Combine soup, milk and soy sauce and pour over cheese.
- Top with bread and cheese slices.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Bake, loosely covered at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
The perfect onion casserole. Smooth and creamy, comforting and habit forming. It is such a great side for roast beef. A must try recipe, we loved it, Kendra