Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I had this at a friends house this week and had to have the recipe! It is so good! She made it with Pam butter flavored spray instead of the butter and it was still fabulous!
- 6 vidalia onions or 6 any sweet onions
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons butter flavored Pam cooking spray
- 6 teaspoons brown sugar
- Slightly hollow out each onion.
- Arrange onions in small baking dish.
- Place 1 bouillon cube in each onion, top with butter and 1 tsp brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- These can also be made on the grill.
- Just double wrap in aluminum foil and grill until tender.
These tasted pretty good. The sauce was too good to waste so I drank that but next time I will thicken it a little so it sticks to the onion. It took about 45 min. to bake so I think I will cut the onions into chunks and bake it that way.<br/> Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
What a super easy side dish to make! My onions were smaller so I halved the ingredients. We did the foil packets on the grill as a side to KC Strip Steaks. Wonderful! We will make these again! Thanks for sharing!
These were excellent! I followed your grilling directions and made them on the 4th of July. They were so tasty that I ate a whole one right out of the tin foil. Typically, I just add a bit on a hamburger but many of my guests were also just eating them whole. Very sweet and flavorful. I also was serving corn-on-the-cob and one of my guests poured the juice left in the foil over his ear of corn and said it added great flavor to sweet corn. Thank you sooo much KC_Cooker for sharing this recipe. When I grill this will be the way I will prepare vidalia's in the future.