Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe comes from the 2010 cookbook, Taste of Home Prize Winning Recipes.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was good and easy to make. I decreased it to 2 servings and used a parmesan/romano blend shredded cheese along with the grated parmesan and cheddar. The only change I made was to use a little spray butter on the top to moisten the cracker crumbs. Made for PRMR.
- 6 large sweet onions, sliced (about 12 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 cups butter flavored crackers, crushed
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, then grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender & liquid has evaporated.
- Place half of the onions in the prepared baking dish, & sprinkle with half of the cracker crumbs & cheeses. Repeat the layering once more.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.