This sweet yet savory compote also turns plain roast pork or roast chicken into a special meal. It is very versatile. You can add port and ginger if you like or any infused flavor to match an accompanying dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a large deep sided saute pan or casserole pan, saute the onions gently in the olive oil (cover to speed this up) until translucent.
- 2Remove cover, add the honey and sherry vinegar and cook 5 minutes.
- 3Add the cherries and the wines and one bay leaf, simmer 15 minutes.
- 4Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook until liquid is thickened slightly.
- 5Let cool.
- 6Keep in refrigerator if not using immediately.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vidalia Onion and Summer Cherry Compote
Serving Size: 1 (983 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.7
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 52.3 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar