This sweet yet savory compote also turns plain roast pork or roast chicken into a special meal. It is very versatile. You can add port and ginger if you like or any infused flavor to match an accompanying dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a large deep sided saute pan or casserole pan, saute the onions gently in the olive oil (cover to speed this up) until translucent.
- 2Remove cover, add the honey and sherry vinegar and cook 5 minutes.
- 3Add the cherries and the wines and one bay leaf, simmer 15 minutes.
- 4Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook until liquid is thickened slightly.
- 5Let cool.
- 6Keep in refrigerator if not using immediately.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vidalia Onion and Summer Cherry Compote
Serving Size: 1 (983 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.7
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 52.3 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar