Recipe by Little Bee
This is so good and so easy! It makes a great appetizer. We love the combination of these flavors!
Top Review by Deb G
Very easy and delicious. I added a little black pepper on the tomatoes, used mozzarella cheese instead of swiss, and used canned tomatoes (VERY well-drained and de-seeded). DH and I loved it. Will definitely make again. With it I served one can each whole kernel corn-white beans-Rotel mixed together, and asparagus. Great lunch.
- 4 ounces sliced low-fat ham, cut into 1 inch pieces (3/4 cup)
- 1 cup chopped vidalia onion
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared dijon-style mustard
- 8 slices Italian bread, 3/4 inch thick,lightly toasted on each side
- 4 ounces shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium bowl combine ham, swiss cheese, Vidalia onion, tomatoes, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Arrange bread in a large baking sheet; top with ham mixture.
- Bake until heated through, 10 to 13 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve immediately at room temperature.