Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I borrowed a good friend's favorite recipe and made it a bit more oniony! There will be some filling left over so cook along side the tart for a cook's kitchen treat. Enjoy!!
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1 large vidalia onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 11 ounces goat cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
- Sauté sliced onion in 2 T butter and 2 T oil until softened and caramelized.
- Place in bottom on pie shell.
- Sauté chopped onion in 1 T butter and 1 T oil until softened and caramelized. Allow to cool and place in blender.
- Combine remaining ingredients in blender. Pour over sauteed sliced onions.
- Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes until golden and puffy.
- Bake any excess filling in small greased soufflé dish along with tart.