Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
This risotto is delicious and creamy. The sweet Vidalia onions balance nicely with the rich feta and salty Parmesan cheese. Recipe source: Pat Baird
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups vidalia onions, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice, uncooked short-grain rice
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled and divided in two parts
- 1⁄3 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 sprig parsley (to garnish)
- Heat broth in saucepan and keep hot on low burner.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic, saute 2 minutes.
- Add rice, stir until all grains are coated with the oil, garlic, onion mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup hot broth, cook stirring constantly until liquid is absorbed.
- Add remaining broth 1/3 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next.
- This will take approximately 20 minutes, rice should be tender, al dente.
- Remove from heat, stir in 1/4 cup of the feta, parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon into a serving dish and top with remaining feta and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Garnish with sprig of parsley.
- Risotto should be served immediately!
This risotto was simply outstanding, we devoured it! I have a slight risotto addiction, so I just know I'll be making this again. Thanks for a delicious dish Elly!
Made this for Mothers Day and everyone loved it! I cooked it a little longer with a little more broth, but could be because I had the temperature too high. Thanks!