Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
From Southern Living's facebook page of featured Vidalia onion recipes -- Originally from Christy Jordan, Southern Plate, Southern Living October 2010 who serves this over a salad of mixed greens, chopped apple, toasted pecans, and dried cranberries.
- 1⁄2 cup vidalia onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 8 minutes or until caramel colored. Add 2 tablespoons vinegar, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
- Process onion mixture, honey, next 3 ingredients, and remaining oil and vinegar in a blender 30 seconds or until blended. Cover and chill 3 to 24 hours.
- Makes 1 1/3 cups.
- NOTE: Cook time equals chill time!