Recipe by KaraRN
Saw this on Paula's Home cooking. Looks Yummy!
Top Review by jules.momo
My grandma made these muffins and brought them over for Thanksgiving. I loved them and so did my nine month old son. I found the recipe here and i cannot wait to bake them myself! They were moist, rich, and tasty!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large vidalia onions or 1 large other sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spray 8-inch square baking pan with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and saute the onion until tender, but not browned, for about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the muffin mix, egg, milk, sour cream, 1/2 cup of the cheese, the salt, and dill weed. Stir to combine. Pour into the prepared pan and top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, until set and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before cutting into squares.
- These can also be made into muffins by simply spraying muffin tins with cooking spray and filling using an ice cream scoop. Bake time is 10 minutes using the muffin tins.