Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If Vidalia onions are not available where you live, substitute a sweet onion. Recipe is from Southern Living.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 6-8 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, melt 3 T butter in a medium-size nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add Vidalia onions, and saute 6-8 minutes or until onion is tender and begins to caramelize.
- Remove pecans from oven; increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F.
- Combine baking mix and cheese in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Whisking together milk and eggs; add to cheese mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Stir in onion and pecans.
- Spoon into lightly greased muffin pan, filling almost completely full.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 14-16 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan to wire rack and let cool 6-8 minutes.
- Serve warm.
We do love those vidalia onions, & this recipe was made for some outstanding muffins, much appreciated by both of us as well as my vegetarian son & DIL! Absolutely enjoyed the flavors from both the onion & the toasted nuts! Thank you for a great keeper! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]