Prep 6 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is comfort food at its best.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the eggs, milk, bread crumbs, salt, pepper,onions together before adding the beef,pork mixture mix all ingredients very good.
- Add meatloaf to loaf pan smooth off top
- Mix together brown sugar yellow mustard ketchup and apple cider vinegar pour over top of meat loaf bake at 350°F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours--enjoy.
A very nice meatloaf, flavorful. The glaze produces way too much, about a cup of glaze. Much more than needed to cover the top of the loaf. I used less than 1/2. It has a lovely sweetness and tang to it, which accents the meat nicely. Thank you!
The nutrition facts are a little scary, but I don't typically like meatloaf and even I took a second helping. It served 4-5 people. I used dried minced onions and it tasted just fine, a little quicker and my hands didn't smell as bad.