Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A very good tasting moist cherry bar. Try it you will like it.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Cream butter and sugar and eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Add flour and baking powder and vanilla. Stir until nice and smooth.
- Put 2/3 of mixture in a well greased 11x17-inch roll pan. Spread filling over this mixture.
- Drop spoonfuls of remaining dough mixture over the filling.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when cooled.
This is my 2nd cherry bar recipe of the day, but the two, both GREAT BARS, are still very different from one another! I always enjoy cherry pie filling (A cherry pie was the first birthday 'cake' I remember having, candles & all!) & THESE BARS ARE VERY TASTY, VERY SATISFYING! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Bars theme in My-3-Chefs]