Recipe by bmiene
A very good tasting moist cherry bar. Try it you will like it.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This is my 2nd cherry bar recipe of the day, but the two, both GREAT BARS, are still very different from one another! I always enjoy cherry pie filling (A cherry pie was the first birthday 'cake' I remember having, candles & all!) & THESE BARS ARE VERY TASTY, VERY SATISFYING! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Bars theme in My-3-Chefs]
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar and eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Add flour and baking powder and vanilla. Stir until nice and smooth.
- Put 2/3 of mixture in a well greased 11x17-inch roll pan. Spread filling over this mixture.
- Drop spoonfuls of remaining dough mixture over the filling.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when cooled.