Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from my husband's grandmother's handwritten cookbook. It was a rationing program recipe written during the war years.
- Cream shortening and orange rind.
- Gradually beat in syrup blending for one minute.
- Add 1/4 of dry ingredients.
- Add eggs one at a time beating after the addition of each.
- Add the remaining flour and milk with flavoring added alternately.
- Bake in two eight inch cake pans in a moderate oven (350°F) for 30 minutes.
- Frost with lemon frosting.