9 hrs 20 mins
Chef Chet's Note:
This recipe uses Victory HopDevil India Pale Ale which is a craft brewery in Downingtown, PA. It contributes to making a complex sweet and tangy sauce that is complimented with a cold Victory HopDevil India Pale Ale when serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 158.51 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml smoked paprika
- 1587.57 g beef short ribs with bones
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 3 whole bulbs of garlic, peeled
- 1 large diced onion
- 177.44 ml apple cider vinegar
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml ketchup
- 29.58 ml steak sauce
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2 whole oranges, juice and zest of
- 14.79 ml dried thyme
- 340.19 g bottle pale ale, Victory HopDevil
- 1In a bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, bitters, juice and zest from the oranges, dry thyme and Victory HopDevil India Pale Ale, set aside.
- 2In a large skillet brown the peeled garlic cloves.
- 3Put in the slow cooker.
- 4Put flour, salt, smoked paprika and pepper in a bag.
- 5Add ribs and shake to coat.
- 6Brown ribs in the same large skillet using the same oil.
- 7Put in slow cooker and discard all but enough oil to sauté onions in the next step.
- 8In same skillet, add diced onions and sauté until slightly browned.
- 9Add liquid mixture to the onions and bring to a boil, stirring.
- 10Pour over ribs.
- 11Cover and cook on low for 9 hours.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Victory® Beef Short Ribs in the Slow-Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1337.8
- Calories from Fat 947
- Total Fat 105.2 g
- Saturated Fat 43.0 g
- Cholesterol 201.1 mg
- Sodium 698.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 35.0 g
- Protein 41.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: