Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Extremely filling, very healthy, and easy to make. The turkey can be ommitted for vegetarians. Perfect for a weekend spent reading by the fire, and relaxing with the style section of the paper.
- 1 -2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 white onion
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tomato sauce (to thicken)
- 1 (12 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn
- 1 (6 ounce) canof chopped green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix
- Brown ground turkey with chopped onion in skillet, set aside.
- In your stockpot, add all cans without draining (DO NOT DRAIN).
- Slice and add tomatoes.
- Add taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix, mixing well.
- Add ground turkey and onion (previously set aside).
- Simmer for at least 15 minutes.
Amazing! Super quick, super easy, super delicious! Everyone loved it. the only part I strayed a little from the recipe is I used canned diced tomatoes instead of 2 fresh ones. It worked great! I highly recommend this taco soup!
This was a great meal! I made it for my family...it was especially yummy with some cornbread! It's a great meal for a crisp fall evening...heart and healthy, too!!