Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Victorian House Bed and Breakfast is located in Smiths Grove near where I went to college. It is a beautiful place to stay and the food there is AWESOME! This is one of their breakfast offerings.
- 1 French bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Karo syrup
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Melt butter, brown sugar and syrup in small pan; whisk until sugar is melted.
- Pour in a 9x11 casserole pan.
- Slice the bread into 1" slices.
- Place the bread on the butter mixture.
- Lightly beat the eggs and milk with the vanilla and pour over bread.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Uncover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Serve with fruit, powdered sugar, or maple syrup.
This was great and really easy to put together--I used dark Karo and it really had a good flavor--will surely do again! We didn't add anything, but I thought it might be good served hot in a bowl with a little cream over.
THis was awesome!! I halved it for our family, but the flavors are great. We didn't put anything else on top, but we had some fresh pineapple and soft cooked eggs along with this wonderful breakfast dish. Thank you!