Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Victorian House Bed and Breakfast is located in Smiths Grove near where I went to college. It is a beautiful place to stay and the food there is AWESOME! This is one of their breakfast offerings.
Top Review by Barb Conley
This was great and really easy to put together--I used dark Karo and it really had a good flavor--will surely do again! We didn't add anything, but I thought it might be good served hot in a bowl with a little cream over.
- 1 French bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Karo syrup
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter, brown sugar and syrup in small pan; whisk until sugar is melted.
- Pour in a 9x11 casserole pan.
- Slice the bread into 1" slices.
- Place the bread on the butter mixture.
- Lightly beat the eggs and milk with the vanilla and pour over bread.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Uncover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Serve with fruit, powdered sugar, or maple syrup.