Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This casserole is served at the Victorian House Bed & Breakfast in Smiths Grove near where I went to college. One of my professors and her husband were friends of the owners and passed this recipe on to us when she made it in class. It was delicious.
- 44.37 ml oil
- 907.18 g frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 473.18 ml cubed ham
- 10 eggs, beaten
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 354.88 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add hash browns, onion, and bell peppers.
- Cook until potatoes begin to brown.
- Spray 9" x 13" baking dish with Pam.
- Spread potato mixture in pan.
- Top with ham.
- Pour beaten eggs over all and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gently stir to coat all ingredients with eggs.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
Halfed this recipe - made as directions mentioned. Liked the browning of the potatoes - I think it brought out the taste of all the flavors! Set up very nicely and tasted very good. Thanks!
Everyone really enjoyed this casserole at the lake this weekend (Memorial Day) I made up some Cream Of Mushroom Soup and thicken it up to use as a gravy over top of casserole. It was outstanding! Another delicious recipe from Amy!!
We really enjoyed this simple and tasty dish. It was quick to prepare and then pop in the oven for our guests. I also served salsa and sour cream on the side. Another good one from Amy.