Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Recipe from one of the cousins. She frequently brings this to get togethers and it is always one of the first bowls that is empty!
- 24 ounces elbow macaroni
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 pint mayonnaise
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- Boil macaroni until tender. Drain and rinse until cold. Put in large bowl.
- Add carrots, cucumber and green pepper.
- Mix together mayonnaise, sweetened condensed milk, vinegar and sugar. Pour over macaroni mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
i have made this 4 years and everyone loves it. The only complaint from the faimly is that it can't be donwsized so they only get it for potlucks or special occasions! Note: try addding some cubed cheese.