Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came up with this one night. It was made from something that my boyfriend mentioned the night before.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 small tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- hot cooked rice
- -Brown ground beef or turkey with red pepper and onion until tender in olive oil -- drain off grease.
- -Add tomato sauce and paste, diced tomato and seasonings, stirring occasionally over med heat until well blended.
- -Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minute.
- -When heated through, spoon over hot, cooked rice and serve garlic bread or a nice salad along side.