Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
My sister-in-law swears by this recipe. I made it slightly better for you than the original (by using fat free sour cream and smart balance spread), but it's still delicious!
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1⁄2 cup Smart Balance butter spread, melted
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- Beat eggs in bowl, add butter, sour cream and jiffy mix.
- Mix in corn and creamed corn. Put in 9 x 9 square dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until top begins to brown.
This was really good. Not sure if it's my oven or the recipe is wrong, but it needed to be cooked for 50-60 minutes (not 30).
This will be my 3rd year making this recipe and everyone always loves it and calls me to be sure I will be making it this year!!!!
I used this recipe to bring to a holiday dinner with friends. It was a big hit, a great side dish for a potluck. I did add some additional seasoning... salt, pepper, a couple of dashes of cayenne. I think a small can of green chilies would be good if you were going more southwest-style. Thanks!