Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
Vicki makes this for farmers market. Boy is it tall made with a cake mix. I couldn't put 1 envelope of Dream Whip but that's what it is guys. You may use a white or yellow cake mix.
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple slices in juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple slices in juice
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup cold water
- 6 maraschino cherries, halved
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix or 18 ounces white cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup Dream Whip, 1 envelope
- Drain pineapple reserving 2 tablespoons juice.
- Combine brown sugar and butter in a 13 x 9- inch pan.
- Arrange pineapple slices in pan--place a cherry halve in each slice.
- Cut side up in center of each slice.
- Sprinkle with reserved juice and nuts.
- Combine cake mix Dream Whip envelope eggs and water in large mixer bowl for 4 minutes.
- Carefully spoon over pineapple.
- Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes or until top springs back when pressed.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, then invert and let stand 1 minute then remove from pan.
This cake is easy to make, light as a cloud and oh sooooo good, everyone, make it for Christmas! Thanks for posting Dienia!...Kitten:)