Prep 25 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Great for picnics, games, etc because there's no mayo. New Orlean's tradition.
Make and share this Vicki's Muffaletta Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the first six ingredients. This can be done ahead of time.
- Cut bread in 1/2 lengthwise; scoop out some of the insides to make room for filling.
- Place 1/2 the olive mixture into bottom of loaf. Layer the meats in cheeses alternating layers.
- Place the remaining olive mixture inside top of loaf. Carefully place the top half back on to the bottom half which has been layered with meat.
- Wrap TIGHTLY and place in fridge. Better if done the day before. I place a heavy pan on top to weigh it down.
- Remove from fridge and cut into 3-4 inch slices. When taking it to go, I individually wrap portions in wax paper.
Excellent! I made these for 5 of my coworkers and we loved them! Although they are wonderful cold, they are even better heated up so that the cheese melts. :) I also think some sliced pepperoni would put them over the top! Thanks for sharing this great sandwich recipe, Vicki. Delish!