Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I am asked to bring this to summer picnics, holiday meals, potluck at work, and all of the Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day dinners. This is the best potato salad you can make. Enjoy
- 2267.96 g white irish potatoes, scrubbed and boiled in their skins
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 283.49 g jar dill pickle relish
- 4.92 ml mustard
- 236.59-354.88 ml Hellmann's mayonnaise (no other kind)
- salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes, cook and then peel and cube.
- Add eggs, onion, pickle relish, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Fold in mayo till coated.
- Chill and enjoy.
I enjoyed this potato salad, but the amount of dill pickle relish was a bit too much for me. I would halve the amount of relish next time, but otherwise follow the recipe. It's quite simple to make, using common ingredients. Thanx for sharing!
I made this on 6/07/09 for the Summer Salad Snapshots event in the Cooking Photo Forum, and for our dinner. The recipe was made as written except it was cut in half. And I removed a small portion for SO, he doesn't eat pickles. Then I added about 1/4 cup of the relish to the remainder of the salad. This was made the day before it was needed, so the flavors would have time to develop. My SO seemed to enjoy the flavor, but the rest of us thought it was way too much mustard and needed a bit more mayo. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
Great flavors. I loved the potatoes with the skins. I used Vidalia onion. Thanks for sharing.