1/5 Photos of Vicki's Leftover Steak Panini
Chef Roly-Poly's Note:
When we have steak night at our house, there is so much to eat that we usually have leftover steak (ribeye or porterhouse). A couple of days later Vicki makes her cheese steak panini. Yummo ! Dinner for two:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 asiago cheese rolls (or your favorite sandwich rolls)
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced in 2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus more for grilling
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces leftover steak or 8 ounces deli steak, sliced thin
- 4 slices havarti cheese (or a combination) or 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese (or a combination)
- garlic powder
- 1Heat panini grill or regular grill to medium heat.
- 2Slice open the rolls lengthwise and set aside.
- 3In a nonstick skillet, melt the butter with the oil and saute the vegetables while seasoning to taste until tender and set aside. Place 2 slices of cheese on one half of each roll followed by 4 oz. of the sliced steak. Place half of the vegetables on top of the meat followed by two more slices of cheese. Top with other half of roll.
- 4Butter both sides of your sandwiches and grill until browned and cheese is starting to melt. Great with crispy fries.
- 5Cooking time includes sauteing vegetables.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vicki's Leftover Steak Panini
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.0
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 162.9 mg
- Sodium 553.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 49.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
asiago cheese rolls