Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
basic Chex mix with Cajun spice
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 2 1⁄2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 1⁄2 cups pretzels
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cheez-It crackers
- 1 cup roasted peanuts (unsalted)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning (I use Tone's)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins)
- 4 -5 drops hot sauce, if desired
- preheat oven to 250F 2 rimmed sheet pans.
- Place cereals, crackers, pretzels, and peanuts in a large microwave proof bowl.
- Melt butter, add spices,worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce if using.
- Mix well and pour over cereal mix. Stir to mix.
- Microwave on high for 2 minute Stir well.
- Microwave 2 minute Stir well.
- Divide onto sheet pans, bake 20 minute.stir and rotate pans.
- Bake 20 min, cool and enjoy!
This was a nice version of a bolder Chex Mix. I used salt free cajan seasoning and skipped the microwave step. After baking around 35 minutes the mix crisped up nicely on cooling. Thank you for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef.