Recipe by me & alex
Very light and tasty side dish to any mexican meal. Pefect for brunch - or anytime.
Top Review by ladypit
Wow. I've been looking at this recipe for a week and thinking how much I wanted to make it. I'm so glad I finally did! It's hot (as one would expect from the 2 cans of green chilis) but has lovely flavor. I used fresh breadcrumbs, skim milk, and fat free half and half. Otherwise I left the recipe as written. We had a minor emergency (the dog got out and had to be chased around the neighborhood) so this did not get eaten right away. It had fallen a bit but I just called it quiche and that was that! When I put it together I was skeptical (I admit it! I was!) because the liquid didn't seem to cover all the stuff well. But it looked beautiful when it was done. I liked this best at room temperature, though it was good hot and fine cold as leftovers. Thanks Cheri!
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9 x 13 glass pan.
- Cover the bottom with the chilies.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the chilies.
- spread bread crumbs over the cheese.
- in a bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients to the eggs, beat again.
- Pour mixture over cheese.
- bake at 375 for 40 minutes.