Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Vicki makes these for farmers' market and they are one of her best sellers.
- 2 cups raisins
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 3⁄4 cups quick oatmeal
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cook raisins in 3/4 cup water for 5 minutes at a simmer. Cool until warm and drain.
- Mix oatmeal, flour, baking soda, butter and brown sugar together.
- Put 2/3 cup of the mixture in bottom of a 10 x 15 pan.
- Bake 10 minutes in 350 degree Fahrenheit oven.
- Mix sugar, sour cream, egg yolks, cornstarch, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla and raisins together.
- Cook in microwave until thick on high, for 6 minutes stirring often. Watch this as it scorches easily.
- Pour over baked crust. Top with remaining crumbs.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown.
Made for a great football snack/ and after school snack. I made these as written. I did take a reviewers note and added a dash of vanilla ice cream, with these. Very nice as warm, and even better leftovers too. Made for Gimme 5.
Very close to the one I use that I found in Taste of Home. My changes pretty well match what was written in this recipe - A very good recipe. lady asked me to make a batch just for her family thanksgiving dinner and have given out recipe to others.
These are Wonderful, easy to make and taste is great, thanks for sharing