Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Vicki makes these for farmers' market and they are one of her best sellers.
Make and share this Vicki 's Sour Cream Raisin Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Cook raisins in 3/4 cup water for 5 minutes at a simmer. Cool until warm and drain.
- Mix oatmeal, flour, baking soda, butter and brown sugar together.
- Put 2/3 cup of the mixture in bottom of a 10 x 15 pan.
- Bake 10 minutes in 350 degree Fahrenheit oven.
- Mix sugar, sour cream, egg yolks, cornstarch, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla and raisins together.
- Cook in microwave until thick on high, for 6 minutes stirring often. Watch this as it scorches easily.
- Pour over baked crust. Top with remaining crumbs.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown.
Made for a great football snack/ and after school snack. I made these as written. I did take a reviewers note and added a dash of vanilla ice cream, with these. Very nice as warm, and even better leftovers too. Made for Gimme 5.
Very close to the one I use that I found in Taste of Home. My changes pretty well match what was written in this recipe - A very good recipe. lady asked me to make a batch just for her family thanksgiving dinner and have given out recipe to others.
These are Wonderful, easy to make and taste is great, thanks for sharing