Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was in Libby's old cook book.
Make and share this Vicki 's Rhubarb Crunch recipe from Food.com.
- Mix flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, melted butter and cinnamon together until crumbly.
- Press 1/2 of the mixture into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Cover with rhubarb.
- Combine remaining ingredients in saucepan; cook until thick and clear.
- Pour cooked mixture over rhubarb.
- Top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve with cream.
Very good recipe. I've been wanting to make something with Rhubarb for some time(it's not easy to find in these parts) This hit the spot and the satisfied they craving for it. I have to confess something, though. I was in a dilema in deciding whether or not to add a pear to the rhubarb. What I chose to do was half the recipe into two smaller desserts, so that I could give yours a fair review in making it exactly as you posted. My family loves tart desserts and your recipe went over very well. DELICIOUS! One that will be made again. As far as the one with the pears in it. It was really good too. A bit sweeter though. I think any some type of berry or even an apple would be good mixed with this, but the rhubarb itself is wonderful too. Thank you for a delicious and easy recipe.