Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
My neighbor's mother made this recipe for a birthday party. I loved it and asked for the recipe.
Make and share this Vicki F's Bacon Corn Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups fresh spinach or 4 cups salad greens, broken into bite-size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet corn, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup penne pasta, cooked and cooled
- 1 lb bacon, browned, drained, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- Toss salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Prepare dressing: Mix all ingredients in a saucepan. Heat until blended and sugar is dissolved. Pour hot dressing over salad ingredients just before serving.
This was our dinner for 4 with no left overs. It was perfect on a hot summer evening. Served it with some fresh fruit and sour dough bread. Followed recipe exactly. It's a keeper.