Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very sophisticated potato-leek soup usually served chilled.
- 12 leeks, keeping only the white section
- 1 1⁄4 ounces butter
- 4 potatoes
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- Slice leaks thinly and saute in butter for 15 minutes.
- Dice potatoes and add with stock, salt and pepper and chopped parsley.
- Simmer until vegetables are soft (about 30 minutes).
- Pour one coup at a time into blender to puree.
- Add a dollop of sour cream before serving.