A wonderfull creamy leek soup that can be eaten hot or cold. From that great old dam of cool books
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1saute onions and leeks in butter for a few minutes until tender.
- 2add thinly sliced potatoes and stock.
- 3simmer till potatoes are cooked,.
- 4remove from heat.
- 5add cream
- 6blend or mash if you like.
- 7add mace salt and white pepper
- 8serve topped with the optional chives or water cress.
- 9OR chill in freezer or fridge
- 10add cucumber and chives and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vichyssoise (Leek and Potato Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.1
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 71.0 mg
- Sodium 343.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 9.6 g