Recipe by alleycatb
A wonderfull creamy leek soup that can be eaten hot or cold. From that great old dam of cool books
Top Review by Caro NZ
I made a half the recipe because I live by myself. I froze half before I put the cream in. This is so yummy and easy! I did use some of the green tops because I like the flavour so it did turn out greenish. Really delicious before I put the cream in, so I added minmal and low fat. It was great! Thanks alleycatb ;-) I will definitely make again.
- 3 medium leeks, white only
- 1 medium onion
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 3 -4 potatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 -2 cup cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mace or 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- white pepper
- chopped watercress or chives
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced grated (for cold version)
Directions See How It's Made
- saute onions and leeks in butter for a few minutes until tender.
- add thinly sliced potatoes and stock.
- simmer till potatoes are cooked,.
- remove from heat.
- add cream
- blend or mash if you like.
- add mace salt and white pepper
- serve topped with the optional chives or water cress.
- OR chill in freezer or fridge
- add cucumber and chives and serve.