Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderful soup made in the microwave. It can be served hot or cold with croutons.
Make and share this Vichyssoise Cream of Leek recipe from Food.com.
- In a 2 qt glass casserole place leeks,onions and butter.
- Cook in microwave uncovered 4 minutes,stirring once.
- Add chicken broth and potatoes.
- Cook uncovered 20 minutes stirring once.
- Using and electric whisk or blender, puré mixture until smooth.
- Add cream and heat 1 minute.
nothing i like better than a nice cold vichyssoise in the summer months, but it was wonderful tonight,warm .the microwave saves burner space, and is just too easy-thanks so much for this recipe, it's going to be one of my "regulars" 6/07- updating to say that i have been making this for 5 yrs now and still love it! tonight i added some fresh dill, thyme and parsley, and used white pepper- divine.