Recipe by Sage
Wonderful soup made in the microwave. It can be served hot or cold with croutons.
Top Review by chia
nothing i like better than a nice cold vichyssoise in the summer months, but it was wonderful tonight,warm .the microwave saves burner space, and is just too easy-thanks so much for this recipe, it's going to be one of my "regulars" 6/07- updating to say that i have been making this for 5 yrs now and still love it! tonight i added some fresh dill, thyme and parsley, and used white pepper- divine.
- 2 medium leeks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 qt glass casserole place leeks,onions and butter.
- Cook in microwave uncovered 4 minutes,stirring once.
- Add chicken broth and potatoes.
- Cook uncovered 20 minutes stirring once.
- Using and electric whisk or blender, puré mixture until smooth.
- Add cream and heat 1 minute.