Recipe by Queen of Everything
Cold potato and leek soup. This version is low fat, but yummy. Traditionally served cold, this soup is also wonderful served warm.
Top Review by chia
although we generally love this soup we found this version very bland. i think perhaps the amounts of skim milk and chicken stock should be reversed and there should be more leeks and less potatoes. sorry.
- 5 large potatoes
- 1 large leek
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 cups skim milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pint half & half light cream
- fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop potatoes.
- Slice leek across into one inch chunks and rinse in a bowl of cold water to remove any sand from the layers.
- Pour chicken broth into a large pot and add potatoes, garlic and leeks.
- Add enough milk to cover.
- Add salt& pepper to taste.
- Simmer until potatoes are fork tender.
- Puree with an immersion blender in the pot or in small batches in your counter top blender.
- Add fat-free half& half.
- If serving hot-garnish with scallions, shredded cheddar and bacon bits.
- If serving cold-chill soup and bowls and garnish with fresh chives and perhaps a dollop of sour cream.