Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
a cool refreshing treat on a hot day.
- 6 leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 large potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup cream
- Simmer leeks, potatoes and celery in the water with a little salt and pepper added, until vegetables are tender (about 1/2 hour).
- Add chicken stock; bring to boiling point. Press mixture through a sieve.
- Add nutmeg and chill well.
- Add cream (part sweet and part sour may be used).
- Beat with an egg beater.
- Serve ice cold with chopped chives added to each cup or bowl of soup.
This was brilliant - very easy to make. We ate it hot (as it was a cold day), Only comment is that it made 6 rather small servings but maybe we were just greedy. Thanks Nanna!