Recipe by MissHermes
A light and refreshing soup for summer or fall. Can be served hot or cold. Made quickly and easily, yet looks elegant and tastes amazing.
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 -2 quart chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups leeks
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk (or evaporated milk or sour cream for a thicker soup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin simmering chicken stock.
- Peel, and chop potatoes to about 1/2 inch in size. Add to stock and simmer.
- Rinse leeks well. Slice thinly and add to stock after potatoes have cooked through.
- Simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Puree in blender.
- Add soup back into stockpot, and add milk, pepper, and salt.
- Add chives as garnish.