Recipe by MissJennifer
A cold soup with potatoes and leeks. I found this from soupsong.com and I just made it today. It's easy to make and tastes good! (Although I didn't have the right equipment to puree and press through a sieve, I made it in my blender anyway and it turned out great hehe!)
- 3 large leeks, white parts only, washed well and sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- chopped chives, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat, then stir in the leeks and saute at a very low temperature, stirring occasionally, until they are golden. Add the stock, potatoes, and salt--bring to a simmer, then cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Puree, then press through a sieve to get a very fine texture.
- Return to the saucepan, add the milk and pepper, and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, stir in the cream, adjust for seasoning (cold soups should be slightly overseasoned), and chill overnight.
- When ready to serve, ladle into bowls (nested glass cups with ice would be nice) and sprinkle with chopped fresh chives.